Tour Dooly County
The Dooly County Chamber of Commerce and the citizens and businesses of Dooly County invite you to ride through Dooly County in the fall of the year and take in the beauty of “snow in the south.” The cotton is so thick and so white that it appears to be snow on the ground with bright green trees framing the view. This unusual sight can only be seen in the south and best in Dooly County because the weather is perfect for growing the finest cotton in the world. Here are some other things to see and do while touring Dooly County:
– Visit open-air tabernacle built with hand-hewn timbers more that 110 years ago.
– Tour United States Senator Walter F. George Law Office Museum.
– Tour historic Vienna Cultural Center, formerly Prince of Peace Episcopal Church.
– Learn about Cotton, Georgia’s #1 crop, from seed to finished product, at Georgia’s Cotton Museum.
– Shop specialty shops for antiques, crafts and collectibles, and consignments.
– See historical homes and structures on a driving tour of the community.
– Visit local pecan grower and learn how pecans grow and how they are harvested, processed, and shipped all over the United States.
– Enjoy finest of southern cooking at local restaurants.
– Spend cozy nights at our local B&B.